Friday, October 20, 2006

Design into practice: entryways (share your favorites!)


Last night, I was in a bit of a frenzy tidying up the entryway of our new home, (which we've painted the most beautiful, deep, slate grey... Pictures to come... je vous jures) and I realized that in small apartments, entryways have to be highly efficient & functional little ladies, and yet look like they're sipping champagne.

Here's the fun part: I'd love a little more inspiration. If you have pictures of entryways that thrill you, (yours in fact or yours in spirit) would you send them to me? I'll post them if I get a bunch...! don't be shy...

xx phoebe


Swoon-worthy NYC entryway designed by Vicente Wolf; image courtesy of Alex and Cargo's flickr stream

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That picture is so lovely! I am building a house in Marrakesh and have a file of all my inspiration...!

Love your blog and hope you will visit mine! I am from Wellesley - hey small world.

6:01 AM  
Blogger sherryb said...

I am a designer in Wilmington NC. I am working on a house that sits in the intercoastal waterway, and am redoing a entry hallway that used to be a front porch which is now closed in.
I am using all nuetrals with only accents of a coral color.
I will take pictures for you this week and share the process.

Until then,

Sherry Black

8:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home