Friday, May 25, 2007

monogrammed linens....

Monograms are by definition totally kitsch, no? Most of the time, they look copy-cutter, completely un-ironic, which can be a bit scary! Finding an unusual monogram, on the other hand, makes a bed-set become something truly eccentric and wonderful. Leontine Linens, based in New Orleans, has some of the most unusual, unique, splendid, overscale monograms I've ever seen. With names like "Baron." "Monarch." (Such a fun wedding present!) ... Somehow I get the feeling Nick Olsen would dig these.


The masculine "Joseph" and "Claude..." from the Baron collection.





And the more refined "Helena 2" from the Monarch collection, and "Jules," & "Trey" from the Directoire collection.





Have a languid, relaxing Memorial Day weekend, all! & see you back on Tuesday with some musings about the wedding!

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

I have also been looking at monograms since I am planning my wedding, I like the ones you have chosen here, nice. Martha Stewart Weddings for last month did a piece on them, should check it out, very interesting.

1:57 PM  
Blogger Jo Walker said...

Nothing kitsch or passe about monograms. These are great!

10:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how are monograms supposed to go?
first initial - MIDDLE INITIAL-last initial?
I always thought it was odd. Who cares so much about their middle initial that it should be the biggest?

What about for a couple? I would hope it goes: his name-SURNAME-her name - am I right?

1:47 PM  
Blogger ALL THE BEST said...

I love the right monogram for linens and these are truly unconventional and wonderful. Thanks for the link to Leontine Linens!!

11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home