Thursday, February 17, 2011

a tea set that I suspect my mother will disapprove of



What do you think? I just bought this set on Etsy. The best part about it? It's super baby pink. The second best thing about it? The seller said it's Haviland, Danish mid-century modern, but it looked art deco to me, so I did a bit of research and yup! it's marked Johann Haviland, Bavaria, which means that it can only have been produced between 1907-1924.

Now I have to tell my mother that I bought a pink tea set. She's going to wrinkle her nose gingerly and wish me well. She's a Norwegian from Montana stock, loves Sir Edmund Hillary, Martha Ballard, and other stoic heroes, and wears jeans and a bit of vintage Marimekko. She likes whites, and woods, and blues, and the occasional red. Not into Bauhaus pastels. And that's where she and I lovingly agree to differ.

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Dina said...

lovely!

6:15 PM  
Blogger tatiana said...

did she?

7:42 PM  
Blogger Phoebe said...

bobobijoux-- the funny thing is that I was right, in the beginning-- she was not a fan of the set in the pictures; however, when she saw the actual set (which has a slightly cooler, orchid pink quality than the photo) and picked up on the fact that the pieces were modernist, from the 20s, rather than retro 50s, she changed her mind and now approves 100%. phew! ;)

1:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

now do you sell it?
pacuvio3@gmail.com

5:12 PM  
Blogger Shaimaa Al-Mahdy said...


كلادينج
الكلادينج
واجهات كلادينج
ديكورات كلادينج
شركة كلادينج
كلادينج الرياض
افضل كلادينج تكنوبوند
مصنع كلادينج بالرياض
شركة كلادينج بالرياض

11:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home